Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Getting Ready for Easter

Did you know that Easter is coming early this year? Yup...it's on the 23rd of March! That means it's not too early to get started on your little goodies!!



I guess you know by now that I like to do little projects. Because my stamps are small...a lot of times my projects end up that way too! But, that also makes them quick and easy!! To make this little purse I started with a 4-1/2" x 1-3/4" piece of cardstock. Make 2 folds at 1-3/4" and 2-1/4" from one edge. To make the little "window" I punched a flower out of printed cardstock and then punched a circle in the middle of the flower. I glued a small piece of acetate to the back covering the circle. Next I put small strips of double stick foam in the back around the circle, but not visible from the front:




I poured some glitter right in the middle of this whole thing, so that it will be visible from the window. Then, very carefully, remove the paper backing from the double stick foam and center it on your purse. (It helps if you keep the flower window parallel to the ground and bring your purse to the window. Add #1205 (Chick With Jellybean) and some glitter glue around the window. To make the handles, just punch 2 small holes on the front and back of the purse. Cut two 6" pieces of ribbon and thread them through the holes and tie knots in the ends. Use double stick velcro to keep the purse closed.


No comments: