Saturday, September 10, 2011

Little Monster

Hey there...back to share some more cards!! Today's cards feature one of my faves, Little Monster. For this first card, I stamped 2 images (cutting off one arm from each monster...ouch!!!) along with 2 extra hands...and made 2 little monster pals:




Word stamp is #A118 (Pals). For the next card, I made a Thanksgiving card:







To make this card, I cut my card stock to 4-1/2" high x 5" wide. Score at 1-1/4" from each side. Stamp your sentiment on the inside of the card (paper-piecing the heart)...stamp 1 Little Monster and 2 hand stamps (each hand holding 1 leaf)...punch out a heart (and cut in half) ... cut 2 more leaves:



Glue both halves of your heart as shown below:



Next, glue your monster to the inside of the card...then glue the stem half of your first leaf to the left card flap, as shown below:



Match up the two leaves so that they're interlocked...then glue down the stem half of your second leaf to the right card flap:



Tie a ribbon around your card to hold everything together. I know this is an unusual sized card...I liked the long and skinny look of it...click here to get an envelope pattern for this card.



I decorated the front by masking one leaf over the other:



Hope you're all having a great weekend so far!!!

2 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Those little monster's are the cutest images Luv the palzie welzie of the two of them, and the gate fold card is super awesome...

Beth said...

I love those little monsters! Just adorable!