Sunday, February 9, 2014

Magnetic Bookmarks

Made a bunch of magnetic bookmarks using the smaller of the 2 stamps from our new cling set.


The bookmarks magnetically clip onto the page of your book (front side):


...and back side:


To make the bookmark, the size really doesn't matter.  I used a jumbo Marvy scallop rectangle punch for my base and then folded it in half.  I layered a couple of different contrasting papers and glued the front view on one square and the back view on another square. (I tried to line up the back and front views when I put the 2 squares back to back).  You'll also need a couple of magnetic disks (Make sure you have a positive and a negtive).


Flip the 2 square pieces over and stick one magnet to each (making sure that the magnet will be on the side that's closest to the cut edge of the base piece).


 Then put a piece of double stick tape over each magnet:


Flip over and attach to the base piece.  For each square piece, glue down the side that's closest to the fold.  Remove backing from double stick tape to hold magnet in place.  Then simply fold the bookmark over your page and the magnets will hold it in place.


Here's a bookmark using the larger of the 2 stamps.  This time I cut a long piece of card stock and folded it so that the bookmark would fold over the top of the book:


...and here's the back view:


While I was at it...I thought it would also make a cute gift tag:






ok...hope your weekend was a good one...have a really great week!!!

2 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

These are amazing Jean... love all your projects here... Pretty design and papers.... Awesome showcasing!

Creations by Patti said...

Wow - I love these cute bok amrks! Great job!