Monday, August 11, 2008

It's Your Day!


This was one of those cards that worked out on the FIRST try!!! yay!! I usually move things around and tweak this and that...and basically drive myself crazy until I'm happy with the end result. Anyway...here's what I did: I used a Marvy square (blue) and scalloped square (pink) punch. To make the lavendar frame, I first punched a square...then centered that square "hole" in the middle of the scalloped square and punched out a frame. I punched out a square in the card...then a scalloped square out of a piece of vellum. I stamped #5040 (Butterfly With Rose) on the vellum...and colored it from behind for a softer look. Next, tape the vellum over the square punch in the card...then mount the frame on pop dots over the vellum. I decorated the frame with beads strung on a silver cord (just tape the ends of the cord on the back of the frame).

The sentiment (#5011 - It's Your Day) is stamped on a metal rimmed tag and tied on the ribbon with the same silver cord. I like this sentiment because it can go for almost any occasion...from a birthday to a new job to graduation. (Paper is from Creative Imaginations - Sonnets).

2 comments:

Ethan Mashimo said...

love the card & what you did with the beads!

Tina

Fay said...

I really like this card...it's so cute!