Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Arigato


I knew I had to make a thank you card (Arigato is "thank you" in Japanese) when I found this cherry blossom paper at Ben Franklin. The sakura design matched perfectly with stamp # 1031 (Arigato) and #4011 (Sakura). The paper is from Paper Intelligence and is a washi paper...so it tears very nicely. I used two different tones of this paper (one with a pink background and one with a white background). I stamped and colored the "arigato" and "sakura" stamps on an off-white cardstock and wrapped it with gold thread (taped in the back). I don't know if you can see it, but the center of each sakura is printed in a metallic gold ink, so the gold thread matches perfectly. Then I mounted the cardstock on double stick foam. To finish the card off I added some Stickles glitter glue in "Platinum". I squeezed some glue out here and there, then using a scrap piece of paper, I just smeared it around to give the card some subtle glitz.

Ok...that's it for today!! Oh! I have a cute favor idea for tomorrow...so, check back!!

No comments: