Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Magic Under the Moonlight

Last night my family and I went to see a magic show at the Hale Koa Hotel...Magic Under the Moonlight with Mark Mauricio. It was a really great show!! Those of you living in Hawaii (or planning a visit) should really make an effort to see the show. It was such a fun and entertaining time...we were laughing all night!! The show is every Tuesday night and comes with a buffet dinner...you gotta go and see it!!



Here's a little project I did for a make and take at a local craft store. I like doing little projects that use scrap pieces of paper...there's always a bunch that you don't want to throw away, but they pile up really quickly!! You just need a 2" x 6" strip of paper. Make folds at 1-1/4", 3" and 4-1/4" from the top. The end with the 1-1/4" fold will be the "flap". Use a corner rounder to round out the flap, and put a brad in the bottom/center (Making Memories - mini flower brad).
Cut a 6" piece of ribbon for the strap and attach to the inside of the top fold with double stick tape. Use double stick tape again to secure a Hershey's nugget to the inside of the purse. Then simply stamp, cut and color some images to decorate the flap. For the examples I used #5038 (Little Penguin), #5043 (Peeking Monkey), #5002 (Flower) and #5004 (Rosebud). Use double stick velcro to keep the flap closed.

1 comment:

Jami Speidel said...

Cute project! I have a problem with throwing pretty paper away too. This is perfect for using up those little scraps!

BTW I found your blog through your website. My MIL was in your store this week,and brought me back some stampin' souvenirs! (I got your URL on the package) We are also planning a trip to HI in a few weeks. I saw some stamps on your website that I must have!I can't wait to stop by your store and see them IRL!!!