Friday, March 21, 2008

It's a "Good Friday"

Happy Good Friday!! Hope you all had a great day...especially those of you who got the day off today!! I barely made it for a Friday post...I couldn't remember how to link to a pdf. But, with the help of a friend, I was able to do it!! I wanted to be able to link to a pattern I created a few years ago when I did my very first make 'n take. You can download the pattern by clicking here.



The easiest way to do this is to make a photocopy of this pattern directly onto your cardstock (make sure you print it to the backside). Then all you have to do is cut along the solid lines and fold along the dotted lines.



Next, I punched out two 5/8" circles with a 1/8" hole punched in the middle of each circle. Fold the box together (don't tape it together yet!) and place the two circles in the following positions:



With a pencil, mark the center of each circle onto the box...then punch a 1/8" hole at each mark. You're going to attach each of these circles with an eyelet. On the flap, line up the holes in the circle and in the box...slip an eyelet through both holes and secure the eyelet.



On the bottom part of the box, slip one end of a 5" piece of string or thin ribbon into the hole in the box (so that just a bit sticks through to the inside of the box). Then align the circle and slip the eyelet through both holes...when you hammer the eyelet in it will also secure the string.



Now, put double stick tape along the 4 small tabs on the box and put the box together (if you made all your folds, the box should naturally come together). Then all that's left to do is to decorate the box. I used stamp #4033 (Panda). Use the string to close the box like those manila envelopes. I know it may be hard to understand some of the instructions (it's hard for me to explain it!!)...but, please feel free to write to me if you get stuck!! I also made an Easter sample (yes, you still have time to make it for Easter if you hurry!!)



This Easter box uses stamp #1010 (Bunny). I hope you all have a very happy Easter. For those of you in the Mapunapuna area...I'll be doing a make 'n take at the Mapunapuna Ben Franklin from 10-12 tomorrow (Saturday, 3/22). They asked me to do the following project:



I'll also be doing the same project at the Enchanted Lakes Ben Franklin on April 19, for those of you on that side of the island. I'll fill you in on the details as that date gets closer!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's really cute Jean!!! BTW, everyone loved that folder with all the goodies in it. Sorry but I had to show it to everyone today.

Teri said...

Great project! Thanks for sharing the pattern. Hopefully I will have time to make one :)