Thursday, December 20, 2012

Last Minute Gifts

Hope you're all finding time to enjoy the holiday season!!  I've been doing some last minute crafting...I always end up with a few gifts of money and gift cards and I try to find some fun ways to "wrap" them.  This year I went with a project from a few years ago called an "Inside Out Box".  Click here for the original post with the how-to's.  Here's an example of the box done up for Christmas:


Remove the cover, and this is what's on the inside of the box:


Turn the box "inside out"...using the cover as the base for this stand-up greeting:


 I changed it up a bit to use as a money box.  I attached the snowman to the top of the cover:


And instead of attaching a character on the inside of the box, I wrapped some money around the stand in the center (you can tape the money to the "stand" if you want it to be more secure):




With a few tweaks you can use this same idea for gift cards...I'll show you a sample tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh, how cute is that? You always come up with such clever ideas. TFS and happy holidays to you and your family.

Creations by Patti said...

Let me try to make a comment again (it didn't work the 1st time). I love how cute this project is. I am always amazed at what you come up with and all the projects make me smile. Thank you always for sharing. A very happy Holiday to you and yours. Hugs,
P

Joy said...

OMGosh, Jean! Love these, they are so cute!I'm always using your stamps for projects becasue they are so cute and versatile!

Have a great and Happy Holiday!