Saturday, July 20, 2019

Card to Favor


I was playing around with the idea of turning one of our stamp designs..."Peony" from cling set, Flower Girls (CL-16)...into a 3D version of it as a favor.




It's a fun project and a little different from the usual paper projects I do.  Below are the supplies I used to make these favors.  I used a 1-1/2" circle as the base...I stamped and colored the peony stamp and didn't cut out the whole design as I wanted the image to fit right into the candy cup.  I cut 18 squares of crepe paper measuring 1-1/4" wide by 1-1/2" tall  (with the grain of the crepe paper running vertically).  Then I cut each petal into a kind of heart shaped piece.   Next I gently stretched the center of each petal to form a rounded shape petal...then gently pulled the top edge of each petal to give it a ruffled look.


I also cut 2 leaf shapes measuring approximately 1-1/4" x 1-3/4" (Crepe paper is very forgiving, so don't worry if your cutting is crooked or lopsided :)

First, glue the 2 leaves on to the base piece:


For the first layer of petals, use 7 pieces and glue them around the edge of the circle base...making sure each petal slightly overlaps the previous one:


For the second layer, use 6 petals and glue them closer to the center of the circle.  Also, make sure you don't glue one petal directly over a petal from the first layer...try to center it between 2 petals from the previous layer:


For the third and last layer, I rolled the bottom edge of each petal before I glued them onto the base so that it would form a tighter layer in the center


After that I just taped a candy cup to the center of the flower...added some candies..and stuck my stamped image right in the center.



2 comments:

Lynn said...

What a beautiful and sweet party favor. Thanks for the tutorial.

KathyA. said...

So adorable! Thanks for the instructions.