Saturday, February 16, 2013

More Chocolate Kokeshis

Hope you're all having a nice long weekend!!  I was playing around with making more chocolate kokeshis (click here for original post)...and here they are:


Bride and Groom kokeshi...I used double stick tape to mount them on a 2-3/4" x 5" piece of card stock...then I stamped the words "Happily Ever After" and the rosebud (both stamps are from CL-14 (Roses) on a piece of vellum (the rose is stamped in black on front, and colored from behind)...then I just wrapped the vellum around the whole thing and taped it in the back.  I was going to wrap it in a clear bag and throw some flowers and glitter in...but everything kept hiding behind the candy, so this is what I ended up doing:


It's hard to see with the glare...maybe this is a better angle:


I used a 5" x 6" bag with a seal.  To start, I put the candies in the bag, on the left side (flap folds toward back to seal):


With the candy in this position, flip the bag over and upside down so the opening is now on the bottom.  I used my Scor-Pal to make the cutting easier...just line the bag up in the upper right hand corner, then remove the candy:


I ran my scissors along the groove to keep my cutting straight.  Make a cut along the 10" line...cutting through only one layer (the back side).  Cut all the way to the fold, then cut 1" along the bottom edge (toward the corner of the Scor-Pal).


Lift the flap you've just created and run a piece of double stick tape at 1-1/4" from the right edge.  Remove the backing from the tape and fold the flap back down to create the "pocket" for your glitter and flowers.  Using regular scotch tape, tape over the cuts you made in the bag.  Now slip you chocolates into the bag...and add flowers, glitter, ribbon on the other side and seal the top of the bag.


Here's an idea using a smaller sized chocolate for a baby.  Follow the same directions from the original post except cut the card stock to1-1/2" x 3-3/4"...making your mark at 1/2" down from each side.  The belt will be 1/2" x 3-1/4".


Click here to get a pattern for the little stand.  Here's a view from the side:


 Here's one for Girl's Day.  The faces for these smaller chocolates are from CL-8 (Friends):


 And one more:


ok...that's it!!!...hope you have some time to stamp this weekend!!!

2 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

Whhhaaaaat? These are even cuter than I could ever imagine. Have you been dreaming Kokeshi doll everything? Love all these - great inspiration!!!! TFS. hugs, P

Joy said...

So cute, Jean! Love the little guy!