Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vellum Bags

I've been so focused on graduation recently that it just dawned on me that Mother's Day is also quickly approaching. Here are a few favor bags I made using some pink vellum I had in my stash of papers. All stamps are from CL-10 (Flowers Cling Set):












I stamped the flowers on printed papers, then cut out a few layers and mounted each layer with the smallest foam dot I had. I punched a 1/8" hole on each side and tied a ribbon for a handle.



The pattern was a bit too large to fit in my scanner...so, here are a few simple instructions:



Start with an 8" x 9-3/8" piece of vellum/paper...score at 3-1/2" from each side (see photo, above). Cut along the 4 solid lines as shown below:



Next cut 1/4" away from the vertical dotted lines (as indicated by the solid vertical lines, below):



This is how your finished pattern should look:



Fold along the dotted lines and apply double stick tape to the 4 tabs to complete your favor. Now all you have to do is figure out what to put on the inside!!!

2 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhh, these are so pretty.

Creations by Shirl said...

Jean = love your creativity...
You really have some pretty crafts you always share with everyone...
love it!