Thursday, May 6, 2010

Easy as 1,2,3

I was passing through a gift shop yesterday, and saw a packet of cleverly wrapped bath salts. I got home and adapted the idea for a favor...click here to get a pattern.



It's perfect for a "flat" favor (like the Ghirardelli chocolate I used below, or maybe some tea bags)...or a small gift. Cut out the pattern and fold along the dotted lines. Place your item into the cut-out piece, as shown below:



Then with just a few folds...One:



Two:



Three:



Flip over, fold and tuck flap into slot:



I cut out contrasting papers to fit the different flaps, and glued them on to decorate (I used a Martha Stewart border punch that I got from J's Knicknacks...it adds just the right touch!!):



Here's an idea for graduation:



Before I go, here's an adorable Mother's Day card I received from Diane:



It's a four panel, pocketed card with a different tag in each pocket!!! Those of you who make cards know how much work and care went into making this!!! Thanks, Diane!!!!

Hope you all have a great evening!!!

3 comments:

Charlene said...

What a cute card/holder!! Love the way it folds. Thank you so much for sharing this, I am going to make this one!! Love all your Mother's Day ideas. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

LOL on the pattern~ Is that the actual size the picture looks a little bigger?

Cathy Y. said...

Thanks for the template of your treat holder! You always come up w/neat ideas!
I love Diane's tag pocket card too!
You did a great job as always Diane!