Friday, June 13, 2008

Remember Dioramas?


This card made me think of all those dioramas we had to make in grade school...remember the shoe boxes? I've had these acrylic boxes in my stash for a long time and I never could figure out what to do with them. It reminded me of an aquarium, so I decided to make a mini aquarium diorama!!!

The box measures 1" x 2" and I covered the inside back "wall" with Arctic Ice stickles...it has a blue tinge to it that makes it look like water. For the "seaweed", I was able to use some fibers...another thing that has been sitting around for a long time. You know how sometimes you buy an assortment of ribbons and cords...and then there's that one wild, crazy, hairy thing in the assortment that never gets used...I finally found a use for it!!! I had to trim it a little...but, I think it makes a very decent seaweed!! :) Here's a close-up:



On the cover of the card I used "bubbly-looking" paper from SEI (Love Beads)...and also accented it with the same glitter glue as the inside. The rectangle was punched out with a large (pink) Marvy rectangle punch.

Stamps used: #1019 (Fish) and #4023 (Sending You Smiles).

5 comments:

eunice said...

Too Too CUTE!!!

Teri said...

super cute jean! love this!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!
Cami

Anonymous said...

I really like that aquarium idea!
Very clever and nicely done.

Anonymous said...

what talent you have! adorable!