Sunday, October 5, 2014

Teeny Weeny Christmas

This set is the first in a new series called "Teeny Weeny Scenery".  A couple of months ago I was trying to create a winter scenery to fit the size of my medium cling set which measures about 2-1/2" x 3-1/2".  It doesn't seem very large, but it was very difficult to fill in that much scenery.  After awhile I scrapped the idea, but it kept coming back to me.  Maybe if I tried doing it on a smaller scale...





I tried to add in as many layers as I could to give this card dimension.  I used foam dots to pop up the snow, the trees and the snowman.  On the pink frame, I popped up the holly.  To make the window for the card, I sandwiched some glitter between 2 pieces of acetate (sealed with double stick tape) and taped behind the open window to look like snow:


Mount the frame onto the scenery with more pop dots.  To make the card base, I cut a 3-3/4" x 7-1/2" piece of card stock (scored at 1-1/2" and 3-3/4").  Glue the bottom half of the scenery to the bottom half of the card cover (up to the fold line).  On the inside of the card, stamp a greeting and pop up another image to hold the easel.


Here's another version of the card:


Keeping the window round makes it look more like a snow globe:


2 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

Jean - these are so adorable. Love how they are so very cute n "happy". Hard to think about the holidays so quickly approaching. Every year it seems to come so quickly......let the fun begin, eh? card style is awsome, too

Creations by Shirl said...

What a cute showcasing.... love all of them!