Saturday, February 27, 2010

One More For Girl'sDay


Ever since I made Kimono Maddy with a dangling crystal flower a couple of posts ago, I thought it would make a cute ornament. Since it's almost Girl's Day, I decided to hang some "ornaments" on a cherry blossom branch. Of course, we don't have cherry blossoms here in Hawaii...so, here's a close-up of what I came up with:


I just cut a few wires to make the branches and wrapped them with florist tape (adding in a few blossoms here and there). For the blossoms, I used some paper flowers (shown below). I scrunched the flowers up to make them look more like cherry blossoms...and I cut some green flowers to make the leaves.


Stamps used: #B140 (Kimono Maddy) and #4011 (Sakura). Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

5 comments:

Ethan Mashimo said...

way beautiful!! all the cherry blossoms in seattle seem to be blooming way earlier this year.

sweet craf-tea chick said...

so cute, jean! love it! hope you're having a nice weekend! what a stressful day today, glad everyone is safe. *hugs* steph :)

Nikki said...

Jean,
Your kimono Maddy design is so beautiful. FYI, many cherry blossom trees in Wahiawa! Tours are given every year w/ a festival. Check it out.

Charlene said...

So nice, wow Jean this is the cutest gift to give a friend on Girl's Day!! So enjoy your ideas!!

Kelli B said...

very cute idea Jean! However we do have cherry blossoms, if you go to Wahiawa, there are cherry blossoms along California Avenue. Go have a look if you have time!