Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cute Treat Box

I found these cute little plastic treat boxes at Stamps & Memories. They suggested filling it with candy and wrapping a belly band around it. So, I took their advice and this is what I came up with:


Since this little chick is holding a flower for an umbrella, I thought it would be really cute favors for a baby "shower"...whaddya think?

I also thought it would be a really good shortcut for making a shaker card:



I used a piece of 3-3/4" x 10-1/2" cardstock...scored at 3-1/2" and then again 7". I cut out a 1-3/4" x 2" hole in the center panel, then taped down the box to the side panel (as shown below):


Stamps used: #A119 (Rainy Days), #5035 (Monkey With Flowers) and #6012 (Just Because).

12 comments:

Denise said...

Very clever!! Love your creations.

Cyndi said...

This is a neat way how to do a shaker! Your designs are so cute!

kris said...

Hi Jean!!! what a very creative idea! LOVE it!!! so cute! TFS!!!

naya said...

You are so clever. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda said...

I saw those containers when I was there yesterday. Great idea! TFS!

Janis said...

OMG Jean! I totally love the designs with the box! I really love the shortcut to a shaker! I'm going to have to get some of those now.

Fay said...

Ooh, this is super cute! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love the shaker shortcut! The treat boxes are so cute!
Where can we get the boxes?
Thanks, gail

Unknown said...

Great idea! Your projects are super cute! TFS :)

Ekg said...

Aloha kaua, Jean,

What a wonderful idea. The treat boxes would be great for Halloween, too. TFS. A hui hou!

nicky w. said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing that!

Enjoli said...

Hi Jean! So cute and so creative! Love it!! =)